Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Back in the Homeland!!!

Excuse the tardiness of this. Life has been UBER busy since the move.

Well, after leaving 7 hours later than planned, recieving a speeding ticket from a worship pastor, running into my friend at the border, and a day later, I arrived back to the homeland!!!

Yes, that's right! I, Tyco, am back in Canayda for good. But before we go any further into how life is going up here, I would like to share with you the adventure that I had.

1. I left Seven hours later than planned:

I always know that whenever someone moves, they leave later than planned. I'm actually quite surprised that I left as soon as seven hours after my designated departure time. I have known some people who have left 1-3 days after their designated departure time. So, relatively speaking it wasn't so bad.


2. I got a speeding ticket from a worship pastor:

I don't know if you have ever gotten a speeding ticket before. For some reason, I always hear this voice inside my head telling me that I will be getting a speeding ticket. It's happened to me twice before. This time was no different. Acutally, the thought in my mind was, "Wouldn't it be funny if I got a speeding ticket on my last trip out of California?" Lo and Behold, I got a speeding ticket with only 30 miles left in California. Funny that, eh?

But the cool part was the cop and I had a really good conversation about ministry and life. (For some reason, I always get into really good convo's with random people.) He shared with me how he was the worship leader at his church and is thinking about heading into fulltime ministry after working for the CHP a little while longer. So, we were able to encourage each other and give each other our blessing. The cool part was that He wrote me up for going only 75mph in a 70mph when he originally clocked me for going 84mph. My old roommate (the cop) said that the court might even throw out the ticket because I was only 'going five over.'

3. I ran into my friend at the border.

I always am nervous about what to expect when crossing the border, because they are so strict. But I never expected the blessing that I recieved when I crossed this last time. Because I am moving back, I had to declare my goods that I was bringing across... sometimes (if they don't like you) they can make your day miserable.

So, I had to go into the border office so they can process my 'Returning Resident' paperwork; changing my residency from USA back to Canada. When I was waiting in line, I was called forward to the counter. I couldn't believe it, but it was my old highschool buddy, Kyle Harrison. So, we had a good chat, talked about church and where God is directing us and about his new marriage. He processed my paperwork without a problem and approved all my goods that I brought across... praise the Lord!


So, my trip back went really smooth and without a hitch! I praise God for the way he has blessed me and even been gracious to me (even when I was being disobedient to the speed laws) as I took my last trip back to Canada.

I will have my Canadian number up soon, but not yet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Yay you've FINALLY posted!! Gosh, what took you so long...it's not like you've begun a new job/moved your entire life back up here...oh wait...haha! Thanks for making dinner with me last nite! I'm glad that you are back :)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

i think i saw you more when you lived in cali ;) just jokes!! it's so good having you up here buddy ...truly truly

11:41 AM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

tyson! i'm so glad to hear you've moved back home, we gotta chill out sometime and catch up...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Tyco Montoyo said...

Uhhh... Dan??? Haven't we chilled already? Are you just saying this for fun?

For rizzle's though, we need to hang more!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

hehe, i was trying to do the typical welcome back speech!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

TYSON!! WE need to hang out more (haha). What are you doing this Saturday nite?! Call me if you're free...

2:39 PM  
Blogger kinneyland said...

No Tyson, hang out with me! AFterall, I have kept that letter you send me after all these years...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Good point Celia. However, Tyson IS my 'back up 35'...WE ALL NEED TO HANG OUT!!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

UPDATE, UPDATE

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will call you soon. When there's time dear friend, when there's time! Give me an email: coachkortney@gmail.com

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home