Thursday, August 24, 2006

Canada, ho!

It's official... I'm moving back to The Homeland!

After 2 years and 10 months, God has been calling me back to the land of maple syrup, beavers, meese, geese, hockey, "eh's", mounties and poutine.

It will be sad to leave the land of Sun (for 6 months straight), 110F blistering weather, surf, yanks, raisins, fruits & nuts (mentally and figuratively), Republicans, the Governator, and botox. But I think I'm ready for the homeland.

I have been hired at a super-sweet church called Coast Hills Community Church in Cloverdale (west of Langley). It's a 3-year-old church plant with about 200-250 people, majority of them being new believers. It's a young church with young, creative and passionate people. The church has a HUGE passion for the lost and the church is very evangelistically focused.

I have also felt the calling to finish my schooling and pursue a masters degree (God willing!). Now that I'm growing up, (although, not height-wise) I need to be thinking of what's most beneficial for the longevity of my career.

So, I'm excited to be moving back on September 13th; my first day is the 15th. It will be just in time for the NHL to start and I will still be able to catch the CFL.

So, ya Canucks! Let's chillax, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger kinneyland said...

Hurrah for our team, it will be good to have you back.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

YAY! man alive i'm sooo stoked!

12:14 AM  
Blogger kortney said...

I'm so pumped. Woot, woot. Woot, woot.
*does a dance*

11:21 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

the excitment overwhelmes me...it's too much...

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home