Thursday, August 31, 2006

I Am Six Again

My childhood has come back to me.

Tonight, my friend, Justin, and I were watching TV at my house. It was an average night, flipping through channels and looking for something to watch. But then something amazing happened, something glorious. We were flipping through channels when we stopped on something magical. It was like the heavens opened from the TV and Justin and I were filled with delight. We got this instant wide-eyed, wide mouthed grin on our faces.

We became closer friends because of this one incident.

My life was complete because of this show. It brought me back to the days when I was a child, waking up on saturday morning to sit down and watch this show in my favorite comforter. It was my most favorite show, with my most favorite comforter, watching it with my most favorite dog.

This show was Pee Wee Herman's Playhouse.

All those memories flooded back to me. Delight, humour, insanity, weirdness, hyper-activity, make-belief land, and uncontained joy.

I am happy, and Love Pee Wee... (except after that one infamous episode in the theatre.)

Here's to you Pee Wee, thanks for the great memories!

8 Comments:

Blogger that's us... said...

I have to say that pee wee always creeped me out when i was a kid, but i was a quiet kid so maybe it was his weird running around and stuff. Anyway i've been trying to get through somehow and say hey, and that you should look me up when you get to bc. I'd love to catch up with you. I don't know if my actual name will come through here but it's matt guynup.

9:10 AM  
Blogger that's us... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Tyco Montoyo said...

MATT!!! What's your email... if you don't want it on here, you can Email me @ tysonkliem@yahoo.com

Look forward to seeing you, eh!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

i love pee wee too tyson! even though i'm sure he completely messed me up forever. i have to say one of my favourite quotes from Pee Wee Herman is, "I don't make monkeys, I just train them!"

4:26 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

peeeeeeeweeeeeeeeees plllllllaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyhhouse!

Seriously you should have tapped it! I wish i were cool enough to own a bike like PW. *sigh*

11:42 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

TYCO!! This is my first official visit to your fantabulous blog :) I'm not going to lie, I'm a fan. Man, you guys and your fancy smancy blogs...too much time on your hands I tell ya...tho, here am I VISITING your blog (what does that say about me?!). Anyways, YAY PEE WEE!! I like him...he is hyper :) I can't wait till you move home friend...we are in desperate need of a coffee chat :) Thanks for always being there for me!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

So, you said that you wanted a stalker?? I AM STALKING YOU!! I am watching your every move...just wait till you move home to B.C....watch your back...;)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Flip Flops Anonymous said...

tyco!! i got a blog!! www.flipflopsanonymous.blogspot.com...now you can stalk me ;)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home